I made these Mint Choc. Chip Mini Muffins with St. Patrick's day in mind. I always think of mint chocolate chip when I think of St. Patty's day, maybe it's the green from the mint, or just the simple fact that I love any excuse to eat chocolate! I'm not really sure why, but here we are. This is my spin on the recipe that I have altered from the medical medium's website. A slightly less healthy version but appropriate for the occasion! Plus it's gluten free, oil free, with no processed sugars, and of course vegan.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place chia seeds into a blender, and blend until it becomes a flour like powder.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
4. Blend until it becomes a sticky batter.
5. Pour into a bowl, then fold in chocolate chips.
6. Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners and pour batter into each one, about 1 spoonful each.
7. Bake for 20-25 mins, until the tops are golden and starting to crisp.
8. Remove and let cool for about 10 mins.
***I topped some of mine with coconut whipped cream and mixed it with a pinch of spirulina to get a green color for St. Patrick's day. Or you could spread some vegan butter on top while they are still warm!
Here are some of my other St. Patrick's Day Recipes!
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes