1. Heat a large pan over medium high heat until the pan is hot.
2. Once hot add onions and red peppers. Cook for about 3 mins. Then add a splash of vegetable broth to coat the pan and keep everything from sticking.
3. Add cherry tomatoes, black beans, tamari, salt, taco seasoning, smoked paprika, pepper, and lime juice.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes or until everything softens up.
5. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
6. Make your cashew queso. set aside.
7. Assemble quesadilla:
- On a clean heated pan, place one tortilla down flat.
- Spread cashew queso on the entire surface except the edges. (like pizza sauce)
- Scoop one third of the bean mixture on half the tortilla.
- Add a few slices of avocado.
- Sprinkle a few leaves of cilantro on top.
- When the tortilla is toasted and brown on the bottom, fold the empty half on top of the bean mixture half and press together.
8. Remove from heat and cut down the center to make triangles.
9. Repeat 2 more times.
10. Serve with salsa, guacamole, or any leftover cashew queso you didn't use!
You Might Also Like These Recipes:
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes