1 large zucchini or 2 small (sliced thin with a mandoline slicer)
double batch of my cashew cream
two 8. oz packages of cremini mushrooms
handful of spinach chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp oil of your choice for sautéing
1 can pasta sauce (might not use all of it)
1 cup shelled pistachios, roasted and salted, blended to a fine crumble (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large pan heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms with a dash of sea salt and cook until the mushrooms turn brown and all the liquid they released has evaporated. Set aside
4. Lightly oil a 9x12 baking dish
5. Start by layering the bottom with a light coating of pasta sauce, then 1 layer of zucchini slices. (See image above.)
6. Then layer with tomato sauce, cashew cream, mushroom/oinion mixture, zucchini slices, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
7. Then repeat step 6 until you have about 3 or 4 layers.
(remember not to be to heavy handed with each layer.)
8. When you get to your last layer. Double the zucchini slices, then end with pasta sauce, cashew cream, and sprinkle the pistachio crumble on top.
9. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 mins. Until its bubbling on the sides and the pistachio crumble is turning slightly brown.
10. Remove from oven and wait about 10 mins to cut and serve.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes