4/26/2020 1 Comment
Oil-Free Marinara Sauce
I have to say, after looking everywhere, it is nearly impossible to find a marinara sauce at the store (or online) with no oil in it. I know it's probably because of the golden rule and the authenticity to add oil when making marinara sauce and I'm sure any chef would be appalled by the fact that I am not adding it. But to be honest, I didn't notice a difference at all, in fact I liked my sauce way more than the store bought brand that I have tried. I also have to admit that I like using marinara sauce, even on pasta, instead of regular pasta sauce. That being said, I have tried this recipe on pasta, pizza, and as a dipping sauce, and each time I loved it! I encourage you to taste as you cook and add your own flavors or ingredients to this if you like to experiment. But if not and you just want to cook without thinking that's cool too. My goal here was to make this recipe as simple and easy as possible but still taste amazing. If you do make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below or on the CRL instagram page. I love hearing your feedback
1. In a large pot, add onions and garlic with a small amount of water or vegetable broth to coat the pan, sauté until onions start to soften.
2. Next add diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, agave, salt, red pepper flakes, and vegetable broth.
3. Let simmer (uncovered) for 30 minutes.
4. Then add basil, nutritional yeast, and tomato paste. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Blend with an immersion blender until you get the desired consistency. (This is optional, I like my marinara sauce to be smooth, but if you like it more chunky you can just leave it as is.)
**Add more salt if desired.
**Place leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
10/9/2022 01:03:12 pm
Dark policy why peace simple among. Raise since game city character. Weight million seat kind wish read there listen.
Leave a Reply.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes