4 medium sweet potatoes -I used Japanese sweet potatoes (Also known as oriental sweet potatoes, these are my favorite!!! If you haven't tried them, you NEED to! )
1 1/2 cups dry lentils
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Annie's Organic Original BBQ Sauce, its GF and Vegan!)
1/4 cup Ketchup ( I use Organicville brand )
1/2 cup vegetable broth ( more if needed)
2 Tbsp agave
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2 cups chopped lettuce
1 cup cashew sour cream
Cashew sour cream
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cups water (more to blend, if needed)
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
juice of half a lemon
-Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Adding more water if needed.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork or knife.
3. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Bake for about 45 mins to an hour, flipping half way through.
5. Bake until they are soft all the way through and oozing.
6. Cook lentils according to package directions.
7. Transfer lentils to a medium sauce pan.
8. Add the rest of the lentil ingredients and cook on medium heat until everything is heated through.
9. Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool, then cut a slit in the middle of each potato.
10. Add BBQ lentils, chopped lettuce, and cashew sour cream.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes