I love using my instant pot! But I got bored of eating soup, I made every meat free soup you could imagine in this thing, super delicious but enough was enough. So I finally came up with something that was not a soup, but creamy, delicious, and filling -pasta sauce! This mimics a vegan mac and cheese sauce, but I didn't want to call it that because while this recipe tastes amazing, it didn't really taste like mac and cheese to me. It's just its own beautiful deliciousness all by itself. And I hate when a recipe is called something that it's trying to mimic and doesn't taste anything like the food they are trying to recreate. My tastebuds are expecting a certain flavor without enjoying it for what it actually is, which might still be delicious by the way, but just not what I was expecting. So I hope you enjoy this amazing pasta recipe as much as I did and have fun creating in your instant pot! Let me know if you want to see more instant pot recipes in the comments below.
1. In your instant pot add potatoes, carrots, cashews, garlic, vegetable broth, plant milk, onion powder, salt, and smoked paprika.
2. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes, with the vent set to sealing.
3. Meanwhile, cook your pasta. Drain. Set aside.
4. After your instant pot is done cooking, release the pressure and open the lid.
5. Blend the ingredients together with an immersion blender, until creamy and smooth. (You could also do this in batches with a high speed blender.)
6. Next add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and potato starch. Blend again until everything is incorporated.
7. Add pasta to the sauce and mix to coat the pasta evenly.
8. Serve warm. I topped mine with a little extra smoked paprika. I think a little hot sauce could be good too!
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes