12/27/2017 0 Comments
Gluten-Free Vegan Lasagna
This is my favorite to make around the holidays!! Nobody even knows its allergy friendly and vegan.
- Easy to make and can be made the night before and heated up in the oven the next day!!
2 (10oz.) boxes gluten free lasagna noodles (I use Tinkyada Brown Rice Lasagne Noodles)
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 small zucchini, chopped
3 (8oz.) packs baby bella or button mushrooms
2 veggie burgers of your choice ( I used Hilary's world best veggie burgers)
1 1/2 jars marinara sauce ( I like Bove's )
1 Pack Daiya mozzarella cutting board shreds (optional)- Not to be confused with Daiya original style shreds.
2 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
Cashew Cheese Sauce
3 cups raw cashews
1 lemon, juiced
5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup water
1. In a wok or high sided frying pan, add oil and onions with a dash of salt. Cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Next add zucchini and mushrooms, cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Then add garlic, salt, and coconut aminos. Continue cooking until the liquid from the mushrooms and zucchini is mostly gone.
4. In a separate pan cook both veggie burgers then crumble them.
5. Add crumbled veggie burgers to the zucchini/ mushroom mixture to absorb the rest of the liquid. Set aside.
6. Boil a pot of water for lasagna noodles and cook noodles according to package instructions.
7. While that is cooking, make your cashew cheese by blending all cashew cheese ingredients together in a high speed blender. Adding small amounts of water if needed to get a creamy consistency. Set aside.
8. In a 13x9" baking dish start assembling by adding
-a layer of marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan.
-layer of lasagna noodles
-layer of cashew cheese
-layer of mushroom, zucchini, and veggie burger mixture
-sprinkle a layer of daiya mozzarella shred (if using)
9. Repeat steps until you get to the top of the baking dish.
10. For the last layer end with cashew cheese and the rest of the daiya shreds.
11. Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees until bubbling and cheese is melted, leaving the foil off for the last 7-10 mins.
12. Let cool for 10 mins. and serve!
**** If making a day ahead let it cool completely, cover it, and refrigerate.
****To reheat, cover with foil and heat at 375 degrees for about 30- 40 minutes. checking frequently, until warm.
Leave a Reply.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes