2/4/2017 1 Comment
Baked Mac and "Cheese"
10 oz. brown rice or other gluten free macaroni noodles
1 cup peeled and chopped yellow potatoes
1/4 cup peeled and chopped carrots
1/3 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup raw cashews
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni al dente, according to package instructions . Drain, and set aside.
2. In boiling water add chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
3. When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour "cheese" sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles and mix well to combine. Pour into a baking dish.
6. Sprinkle gluten free bread crumb on top (optional)
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until crumbs are turning golden brown.
10/26/2017 03:38:02 pm
I am really fond of eating baked mac and cheese, especially if my mom made it. It is my energy booster when I feel I lose a bit of energy from extraneous event. Your recipe is interesting. I will be following all of your instructions. It is my time now to cook something special for my mother. This will serve as my gift for all her hard work, patience and love. To all great moms out there, thank you. We all love you. You are all my inspiration to be a better person.
Leave a Reply.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes