10 oz. brown rice or other gluten free macaroni noodles
1 cup peeled and chopped yellow potatoes
1/4 cup peeled and chopped carrots
1/3 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup raw cashews
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook macaroni al dente, according to package instructions . Drain, and set aside.
2. In boiling water add chopped potatoes, carrots, and onion, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and soft enough to blend.
3. When veggies are soft enough to blend, use a slotted spoon to remove them from cooking water, and place them in your blender. Add ¾ cup of that cooking water to your blender, along with your remaining ingredients.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour "cheese" sauce over your cooked macaroni noodles and mix well to combine. Pour into a baking dish.
6. Sprinkle gluten free bread crumb on top (optional)
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until crumbs are turning golden brown.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes