Lemon Tahini Dressing
1. Chop broccoli into bite size florets.
2. Chop or grate carrots and radishes into long pieces.
3. Chop green onions and remove stems from cilantro.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots, and radishes to a large bowl, along with chopped green onions, cilantro, and baby romaine. Toss to combine.
5. In a food processor or blender add "Lemon Tahini Dressing" ingredients and blend until smooth. (The sauce may still be very thick. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the sauce thins and is completely smooth and emulsified. Taste for seasoning, and adjust salt.)
6. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
7. Top with pumpkin seed and dried cranberries.
8. Serve immediately, or transfer to the fridge to chill. Store salad in the fridge in a sealed container for at least 3 days.
Drink More Water (filtered or spring) With Lemon
-This one seems so simple, but one that we often forget about. Great things can happen when we are properly hydrated. (with clean water!!) Drinking clean water is so important. Our tap water is now contaminated with things like fluoride, chlorine, pharmaceutical drugs, hexavalent chromium, heavy metals, and arsenic!! You can read more on this here - 7 things to know about tap water
- My favorite water filter is the Berkey brand
- Try keeping water with you at all times so you are reminded to drink more.
Start Drinking Freshly Made Juices
-Juicing offers lots of hydration, along with vitamins and minerals from an abundant amount of fresh fruits and veggies that can quickly be absorbed.
- Celery juice is now known (from Anthony William) to be a very powerful detox tool because of its mineral salts to help pull toxins out of the body.
-Some great fruits and veggies to juice are apples, ginger, carrots, celery, cilantro, kale, and cucumbers.
If you don't have a juicer you could try drinking smoothies daily. This is such an easy way to get lots of fruits and veggies into your diet. (You can find some of my delicious smoothie recipes here!)
Exercise And Move The Lymphatic System
Ok, so we all know exercise is a huge part of a healthy lifestyle, but what are some of the ways it helps us to detox?
-Sweat it out! Sweating is a great way to rid toxins from the body through the skin. (Just make sure you are hydrated well!)
- Moving the body helps to circulate both blood and lymph. The more they circulate, the more the liver and lymph nodes can do the job of cleansing and purifying the blood and lymph.
-When you reduce fatty tissue in the body, you help to eliminate the toxins that get stored in that fat.
-The oxygen that you breathe in during exercise travels though the blood to the brain and muscles. The lungs increase their capacity as the heart muscle grows stronger. Win, win!
What is the lymphatic system and what does it do?
The lymphatic system is the drainage system for everything the cells don’t use. The lymph system also produces antibodies, proteins that attach to invading substances. Some antibodies form a capsule around the invader so white blood cells know to attack and destroy them. Others produce antitoxins to neutralize substances secreted by bacteria.
the lymphatic drainage only goes one way, toward the neck. It has to continually work against gravity to move lymph to lymph nodes. That is why it is important to get your body moving to help the lymphatic system flowing.
-Rebounding (bouncing on a mini-trampoline) is especially good for stimulation of the lymph system.
Eat More Whole Foods, Fruits, And Veggies! Especially Greens!
- Try cutting down on all processed foods, gluten, and refined sugars. What are you left with? What mother nature intended us to eat. Lots of fruits, veggies, and whole foods.
-When you eat whole foods, your body recognizes these foods. They don't come from man-made chemicals, and our bodies can actually use the much needed nutrition that the whole foods provide us with. Trust me, your body will thank you for it and you will feel the love!!
- Fruits are sources of many essential vitamins and nutrients. Fruits are very healing and hydrating and help to cleanse toxins out of the body. They are sooo important for healing and maintaining health. So don't be afraid of eating fruit!
- Leafy greens help to expel, purge, and drain the lymphatic system so that it can remain alkaline.
-Leafy greens are high in enzymes, vitamin A, B vitamins such as folic acid, healing alkaloids. (plant compounds that fight disease) Greens are antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-mold and help to fight off disease and chronic illness. Whoaaa! Yes, that's why they are nicknamed "Miracle Greens"
Help Support Your Immune System During Detox By Getting Enough Vitamin C and Zinc.
-This will help your immune system stay strong during the detox period. Along with making sure you get enough sleep.
-Vitamin C is anti-inflammatory, and boosts the immune system against viruses, bacteria, yeast, mold, and other unwanted fungus
-Vitamin C also strengthens the liver and immune system. - Also anti-aging ;)
-Most of us are deficient in zinc, because of environmental pollution, so it can be tough to get it from food sources. This is why it can be important to supplement while detoxing or struggling with illnesses.
-Zinc can help protect you from many diseases. Maintaining healthy zinc levels can help protect you from pathogens and minimize future illness.
Let me know some of the ways you like to detox in the comments below!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.