1. Avocado Goji Berry Salad
3-4 cups green leaf lettuce , chopped
1/2 avocado , sliced
2-3 Tbsp goji berries
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
Dijon Balsamic Dressing
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set aside
2. In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together.
3. Mix desired amount of dressing into the salad. Enjoy.
4. Store leftover dressing in the fridge for about a week.
2. Raw Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Lemon Tahini Dressing
1. Chop broccoli into bite size florets.
2. Chop or grate carrots and radishes into long pieces.
3. Chop green onions and remove stems from cilantro.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots, and radishes to a large bowl, along with chopped green onions, cilantro, and baby romaine. Toss to combine.
5. In a food processor or blender add "Lemon Tahini Dressing" ingredients and blend until smooth. (The sauce may still be very thick. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the sauce thins and is completely smooth and emulsified. Taste for seasoning, and adjust salt.)
6. Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine.
7. Top with pumpkin seed and dried cranberries.
8. Serve immediately, or transfer to the fridge to chill. Store salad in the fridge in a sealed container for at least 3 days.
3. Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
6 cauliflower steaks (about 2-3 small heads)
5 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
pepper to taste
White Bean Puree (optional)
4 cups leftover cauliflower florets
1/2 cup veggie broth
15 oz. can white beans (I used cannellini beans)
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion
1 tsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Slice your caulifower into 1 1/2- 2 inches thick. Leaving as much of the steam on as possible to help hold it together. Any left over florets keep for the puree.
For a demonstration on how to cut the cauliflower watch this video -->www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wU30qwC3Q
2. In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and cauliflower steak seasoning. mix together.
3. Brush each side of each cauliflower steak with the olive oil mixture.
4. Sprinkle each with salt (optional)
5. In a large heated pan, grill each cauliflower steak for about 5 minutes on each side or until they start to get brown.
6. After each cauliflower steak is browned, place them flat on a baking sheet. Cover with foil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, or until they are soft all the way through.
White Bean Puree
1. Steam or bake cauliflower florets.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, along with the cooked cauliflower florets.
3. Blend until smooth.
1.Place a large spoonful of puree on a plate, then place your cauliflower steak on top. (You could also serve this over rice, to make it more filling.)
2. You can top with your favorite dressing or condiments. This is great with BBQ Sauce or Marinara Sauce!
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes