two 4.8 oz cans (136 g) kalamata olives, pitted (save a few for garnish)
15 oz (400 g) chickpeas
2-3 Tbs tahini
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup (120 ml) water
pinch of salt
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Half of a lemon
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
2. Serve with gluten free, vegan crackers or fresh cut veggies.
Vegan and Gluten free Crackers I use:
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 ¼ cup almond flour
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
Coconut Sugar Coating
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl combine oat flour and almond flour.
2. Add remaining pumpkin pie ball ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. In a small bowl combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, for the coconut sugar coating.
4. Scoop out 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie ball mixture. Roll into a ball.
5.Place pumpkin pie ball in the coconut sugar bowl and roll to coat it. Place on a large plate or baking sheet.
6. Repeat the above two steps with the remaining pumpkin pie ball mixture.
7. For best texture, serve immediately. Pumpkin balls stay great at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make sure to not store the balls in an airtight container or the pumpkin will make the balls get very soggy.
Recipe from glutenfreewithlb.com/no-bake-pumpkin-pie-balls-gluten-free-vegan/
1 cup water
1 cup non- dairy milk
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp raw maca powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground tumeric
1/8 tsp ground ginger
pinch of sea salt
1. Bring water and non-dairy milk to a boil.
2. Remove from heat.
3. In a mug, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
4. Pour the water and milk blend over into the mug and whisk everything together until smooth.
5. Top with vegan marshmallows.
Makes 2 Sandwiches
4 slices of ezekiel bread
1 organic tomato, sliced
8 spinach leaves
4 slices " Field Roast" creamy original chao cheese
Earth balance vegan butter
1. Spread vegan butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Slice tomato into thin slices.
3. Assemble sandwiches using 2-3 tomato slices, 4 spinach leaves, and 2 slices of vegan cheese on each sandwich. With the buttery side of the bread on the outside.
4. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
5. Grill until lightly browned on each side.
- be carful flipping, they can get slippery.
- be sure to cook on a low- medium heat so the cheese has time to melt without burningthe bread.
Enjoy with a bowl of warm vegan tomato soup!!!
1 1/2 cups frozen fruit mix
-Strawberries, mango, coconut, pineapple.
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 cup granola
Extra granola to sprinkle on top
1. Blend everything in a high speed blender until creamy.
2. Pour into a bowl.
3. Top with sliced bananas, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and granola.
1lb (16 oz) brown rice pasta
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup sweet corn
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice from 2 limes
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
a dash of cayenne for some heat
1. Cook Pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Chop onion, red pepper, and cilantro.
3. Unthaw sweet corn if frozen.
4. Add onion, red pepper, cilantro, and corn to the pasta , along with the remaining ingredients.
Make the dressing
5. Whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined.
6. Pour dressing over pasta salad, mix until everything is coated.
7. Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge and serve.
I love this recipe by "oh she glows" Seriously one of the best vegan caesar salads by far. If you havent checked out her website yet, its amazing!
Get the recipe in the link below:
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 handful of spinach
1 frozen banana
1 Tbsp hemp seeds (or 1/4 avocado)
1 tsp stevia ( or 1 seeded chopped date)
Option to add ice if your not using a frozen banana.
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
2. Blend until creamy and smooth.
3. Get in those greens in, and drink up!!!
2 frozen bananas
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1-2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
1 Tbsp almond or peanut butter
1. In a high speed blender, blend frozen bananas and non-dairy milk.
2. Add small amounts of non-dairy milk or water if it gets to thick.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until you have a creamy consistency.
4. Pour into a bowl and add toppings of your choice.
Toppings I used:
3/4 cups spelt flour
1 cup oat flour (or rolled oats ground into flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup+ 6 Tbsp non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 Tbsp water)
1 Tbsp cocao (or vegan chocolate chips)
1. Mix flax egg and let sit a few minutes
2. Mix all dry ingredients together into a bowl
3. Mix in all wet ingredients slowly , uncluding the flax egg,
4. Once everything is mixed it should have a batter consistency.
5. Lightly oil a medium sized pan.
6. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
7. Once they start to bubble flip them.
8. Cook until lightly browned and slightly crispy .
Add your favorite toppings.