two 4.8 oz cans (136 g) kalamata olives, pitted (save a few for garnish)
15 oz (400 g) chickpeas
2-3 Tbs tahini
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup (120 ml) water
pinch of salt
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
Half of a lemon
1. Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
2. Serve with gluten free, vegan crackers or fresh cut veggies.
Vegan and Gluten free Crackers I use:
Makes 2-3 Salads
2 oriental /japanese sweet potatoes
1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
pink himalayan sea salt
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/8 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wash and slice sweet potatoes. I like to cut mine like thick chips (round) instead of length wise. They cook a little faster this way.
3. Place them on a baking sheet with parchmet paper. And sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Bake on each side for 15-20 mins until brown and crispy.
5. Make dressing by combining dijon mustard and maple syrup. Whisk together until there are no clumps.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are done let them cool for about 10 mins.
7. Serve sweet potatoes on a bed of green leaf lettuce, drizzle with maple dijon dressing. Enjoy!
1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 ¼ cup almond flour
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
Coconut Sugar Coating
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. In a large bowl combine oat flour and almond flour.
2. Add remaining pumpkin pie ball ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. In a small bowl combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice, for the coconut sugar coating.
4. Scoop out 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie ball mixture. Roll into a ball.
5.Place pumpkin pie ball in the coconut sugar bowl and roll to coat it. Place on a large plate or baking sheet.
6. Repeat the above two steps with the remaining pumpkin pie ball mixture.
7. For best texture, serve immediately. Pumpkin balls stay great at room temperature for 2-3 days. Make sure to not store the balls in an airtight container or the pumpkin will make the balls get very soggy.
Recipe from glutenfreewithlb.com/no-bake-pumpkin-pie-balls-gluten-free-vegan/
1 cup water
1 cup non- dairy milk
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp raw maca powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground tumeric
1/8 tsp ground ginger
pinch of sea salt
1. Bring water and non-dairy milk to a boil.
2. Remove from heat.
3. In a mug, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
4. Pour the water and milk blend over into the mug and whisk everything together until smooth.
5. Top with vegan marshmallows.
Makes 2 Sandwiches
4 slices of ezekiel bread
1 organic tomato, sliced
8 spinach leaves
4 slices " Field Roast" creamy original chao cheese
Earth balance vegan butter
1. Spread vegan butter on one side of each slice of bread.
2. Slice tomato into thin slices.
3. Assemble sandwiches using 2-3 tomato slices, 4 spinach leaves, and 2 slices of vegan cheese on each sandwich. With the buttery side of the bread on the outside.
4. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
5. Grill until lightly browned on each side.
- be carful flipping, they can get slippery.
- be sure to cook on a low- medium heat so the cheese has time to melt without burningthe bread.
Enjoy with a bowl of warm vegan tomato soup!!!
1 1/2 cups frozen fruit mix
-Strawberries, mango, coconut, pineapple.
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1/4 cup granola
Extra granola to sprinkle on top
1. Blend everything in a high speed blender until creamy.
2. Pour into a bowl.
3. Top with sliced bananas, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and granola.
1lb (16 oz) brown rice pasta
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup sweet corn
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice from 2 limes
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
a dash of cayenne for some heat
1. Cook Pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Chop onion, red pepper, and cilantro.
3. Unthaw sweet corn if frozen.
4. Add onion, red pepper, cilantro, and corn to the pasta , along with the remaining ingredients.
Make the dressing
5. Whisk together all dressing ingredients until well combined.
6. Pour dressing over pasta salad, mix until everything is coated.
7. Serve at room temperature or chill in the fridge and serve.
I love this recipe by "oh she glows" Seriously one of the best vegan caesar salads by far. If you havent checked out her website yet, its amazing!
Get the recipe in the link below:
1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
green leaf lettuce
dill weed to sprinkle on top
1. Clean and chop green leaf lettuce, set aside.
2. Chop celery and onions, set aside.
3. In a medium size bowl, mash chickpeas and avocado until most are mashed but not all.
4. Add the rest ingredients and mix in, do not stir.
5. Place chopped green leaf lettuce in a bowl or on a plate.
6. Add chickpea mash on top
7. Sprinkle with dill weed.
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
1 handful of spinach
1 frozen banana
1 Tbsp hemp seeds (or 1/4 avocado)
1 tsp stevia ( or 1 seeded chopped date)
Option to add ice if your not using a frozen banana.
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
2. Blend until creamy and smooth.
3. Get in those greens in, and drink up!!!