1 large zucchini or 2 small (sliced thin with a mandoline slicer)
double batch of my cashew cream
two 8. oz packages of cremini mushrooms
handful of spinach chopped
1 small white onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic or 1 tsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp oil of your choice for sautéing
1 can pasta sauce (might not use all of it)
1 cup shelled pistachios, roasted and salted, blended to a fine crumble (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large pan heat oil and sauté garlic and onions until fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms with a dash of sea salt and cook until the mushrooms turn brown and all the liquid they released has evaporated. Set aside
4. Lightly oil a 9x12 baking dish
5. Start by layering the bottom with a light coating of pasta sauce, then 1 layer of zucchini slices. (See image above.)
6. Then layer with tomato sauce, cashew cream, mushroom/oinion mixture, zucchini slices, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
7. Then repeat step 6 until you have about 3 or 4 layers.
(remember not to be to heavy handed with each layer.)
8. When you get to your last layer. Double the zucchini slices, then end with pasta sauce, cashew cream, and sprinkle the pistachio crumble on top.
9. Bake in the oven for about 30-40 mins. Until its bubbling on the sides and the pistachio crumble is turning slightly brown.
10. Remove from oven and wait about 10 mins to cut and serve.
If you are traveling to Ocean City, Maryland and you are vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and plant-based I've got you covered! I have been going here since I was young for summer vacations. Now we go there year round because I love being next to the ocean, plus its such a cute little city.
Here are my favorite places to eat in OC, MD
1. The Shark on the Harbor (Vegan , Vegetarian, GF Options)
Might have to drive about 15 mins to the harbor, but so worth it! The food here is awesome, great spot for dinner. Amazing drinks and vegan dessert as well!
2. Real Raw Organics (Vegan, Vegetarian, GF Options) 34th Street
LOVE this place, best smoothie bowls by far!! Not open for dinner, more of a cafe, but a great place to grab lunch or breakfast. They also have grab and go desserts and amazing kombucha they make themselves.
3. The Greenhouse Cafe (Vegan, Vegetarian, GF Options) 15th Street
Have smoothies, tofu scramble, and GF bagels for breakfast options. They also have great vegan and vegetarian wraps for lunch. GF wraps available.
4. Culture (Vegan, Vegetarian, GF Options)
This is "The Shark on the Harbor's" more casual restaurant. But they have some great options like, rice bowls, and yummy apps!! Also good for lunch and dinner.
5. Blue Fish (Vegan, Vegetarian, GF Options) 94th street
Blue fish is a Japanese restaurant. They have great sushi (veg sushi available) not sure if its 100% GF though. My favorite from here is their vegetable pad thai!!! They also have veg fried rice.
6. Seacrets (vegetarian, GFO, vegan upon request)
Believe it or not thy have changed up their menu a little at seacrets. They are offering more gluten free options and Vegetarian. I love their jamaican fries . They also have a veggie wrap and veggie burger! Ask for gluten free.
7. My Nature (all raw vegan) 13th street off the boardwalk
My nature is an all raw vegan bar. Food made fresh daily, you can grab and go. perfect for lunch! Only open on season.
8. TLC's Polish Water Ice (frozen flavored ice) On the boardwalk
For dessert , on the boardwalk you can find many frozen ice places to enjoy, dairy free.
If you are like me, and hate using harmful chemicals and toxic pills for you pets, try making your own natural products for them! While some of the mainstream pills and serums might work, they can be very harmful to your dogs overall health in the long run. So here is an all natural, safe, and effective Tick Repellent Spray for YOU and your pup and all the adventures that lie ahead!
2 oz. glass spray bottle
2 Tbsp witch hazel
40-50 drops rose geranium essential oil
10 drop lemongrass essential oil
1. Pour witch hazel into the bottle
2. Add essential oils
3. Fill the rest with water
4. Shake it up
5. Spray on you and your pup before going outside.
I got my printable label here from livelaughrowe.com
*****Always give your dog and yourself a check after being outside, no matter what you use. Even though this stuff is very effective, iIt's always better to be on the safe side!
1 cup almond or coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup coconut nectar(low glycemic option) or maple syrup
1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
1 Tbsp vegan butter
2 Tbsp raw coconut nectar
1 Tbsp almond milk
2 Tbsp chia seeds
coconut whipped cream
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender.
2. Blend until it becomes pudding- thick.
3. Place into a mason jar, bowl, or cup.
4. Add berry topping.
5. Spoon coconut whipped cream on top and sprinkle with cinnamon.
1. In a small pot, combine 1 cup blueberries (save 1/3 cup), raspberries, vegan butter, raw coconut nectar, and almond milk.
2. Heat until the juices start to release and the mixture becomes more of a liquid consistency.
3. Add 1/3 cup blueberries and chia seeds.
4. Cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat.
6. (Option) Use immersion blender to blend any large chunk of berries, if you like a more smooth texture.
All Breakfast Chia Pudding Coffee Desserts Digestion Gift Guide Gut Health Healthy Podcast Immune System Latte Lifestyle Marinara Sauce Miyoko's Cheese Review Oil Free Oil-Free Dressing Podcast Superfoods Tacos Traci Wolfe Vegan Cheese Weight Loss Recipes