6 cauliflower steaks (about 2-3 small heads)
5 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
pepper to taste
White Bean Puree (optional)
4 cups leftover cauliflower florets
1/2 cup veggie broth
15 oz. can white beans (I used cannellini beans)
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion
1 tsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Slice your caulifower into 1 1/2- 2 inches thick. Leaving as much of the steam on as possible to help hold it together. Any left over florets keep for the puree.
For a demonstration on how to cut the cauliflower watch this video -->www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wU30qwC3Q
2. In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and cauliflower steak seasoning. mix together.
3. Brush each side of each cauliflower steak with the olive oil mixture.
4. Sprinkle each with salt (optional)
5. In a large heated pan, grill each cauliflower steak for about 5 minutes on each side or until they start to get brown.
6. After each cauliflower steak is browned, place them flat on a baking sheet. Cover with foil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, or until they are soft all the way through.
White Bean Puree
1. Steam or bake cauliflower florets.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, along with the cooked cauliflower florets.
3. Blend until smooth.
1.Place a large spoonful of puree on a plate, then place your cauliflower steak on top.
2. You can top with your favorite dressing or condiments. ( I used organic BBQ sauce!)
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.