1 package of gluten free buckwheat soba noodles
1 pound of brown or white mushrooms, sliced
4 Tbsp of good extra virgin olive oil, or more if needed
3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of red onions or shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Sauce for Soba Noodles:
¼ cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or soy sauce
2 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp grated ginger
1. Wash mushrooms well and remove stems. Boil mushrooms in salted water for about 10 minutes, drain and let cool. While mushrooms cool, combine all other ingredients in a jar, close the lid and shake until it's all combined. Slice mushrooms and add to the jar, close lid and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove mushrooms from fridge while you prepare everything else.
3. Cook soba noodles to package directions.
4. While noodles are cooking, whisk together the soba noodle sauce ingredients in a bowl.
5.Add cooked noodles and mushroom in a bowl, add the sauce, and stir until all the mushrooms and noodles are evenly coated in sauce.
6. Serve cold and top with sesame seeds. If you would like it warm, just heat everything up in a medium sized pan before serving.