For the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
3. Slowly stir in cocao powder, until mixture is thick.
4. Add in vanilla extract, salt and flax eggs. Mix well.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Line a 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, folding the corners so it lays flat.
7. Pour your batter into the pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. ( it might be a little gooey due to the chocolate chips, that is ok.)
9. Let cool before adding icing and cutting.
For the Pink Icing
1. Once coconut milk has been chilled, the coconut cream will separate to the top of the can from the water in the bottom of the can.
2. Open then can and scoop out all the coconut cream that has settled on top and discard the water from the bottom of the can.
3. Add the coconut cream to a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
4. Mix coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy.
You can leave it just like this and add it to your brownies, cookies, or whatever you want to add icing to. Or if you want to get a pink colored icing continue to the following steps.
5. In a small pot bring about 2-3 inches of water to a boil.
6. Add your chopped and peeled beets to the boiling water and simmer until the water turns bright red.
7. Strain the beet chunks and save the water as you red dye.
8. Very slowly add the water to your icing to get a pink color.
** If the icing gets to runny place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then mix again using your hand mixer.
9. Spread on top your brownies, cut into squares, and enjoy!!