1 large frozen banana
2 cups spinach
2 Tbsp hemp protein powder
2 Tbsp hemp seeds
3 Tbsp peanut butter
1 large medjool date, pitted
1 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1. Combine everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
***If you don't have frozen bananas just use a few ice cubes.
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach
2 pitted dates
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1/2 cup of almond milk or water (more if needed)
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Add more almond milk or water if it is to thick.
3-4 cups green leaf lettuce , chopped
1/2 avocado , sliced
2-3 Tbsp goji berries
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
Dijon Balsamic Dressing
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Combine all salad ingredients in a medium size bowl. Set aside
2. In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together.
3. Mix desired amount of dressing into the salad. Enjoy.
4. Store leftover dressing in the fridge for about a week.
1 small head of cauliflower and 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
4 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice of half a lemon
5 tablespoons vegetable broth, plus more if needed
1 teaspoon salt
4 dates, diced
4 tablespoons dill (optional)
1/2 cup roasted salted pistachios or peanuts.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the cauliflower and broccoli florets with 1 clove of garlic and the olive oil.
3. Place Broccoli and cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
4. When the cauliflower and broccoli is lightly browned and soft, remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool about 5 minutes then transfer to a medium size bowl.
1. In a food processor or small blender, blend together garlic, tahini, lemon juice, vegetable broth, and salt. Adding more vegetable broth as needed to become a dressing like consistency.
1. Toss the cauliflower with half of the tahini dressing.
2. Top with nuts, more tahini dressing, and dill (optional)
3. Serve immediately.
6 cauliflower steaks (about 2-3 small heads)
5 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of half a lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil
pepper to taste
White Bean Puree (optional)
4 cups leftover cauliflower florets
1/2 cup veggie broth
15 oz. can white beans (I used cannellini beans)
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion
1 tsp maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Slice your caulifower into 1 1/2- 2 inches thick. Leaving as much of the steam on as possible to help hold it together. Any left over florets keep for the puree.
For a demonstration on how to cut the cauliflower watch this video -->www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_wU30qwC3Q
2. In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and cauliflower steak seasoning. mix together.
3. Brush each side of each cauliflower steak with the olive oil mixture.
4. Sprinkle each with salt (optional)
5. In a large heated pan, grill each cauliflower steak for about 5 minutes on each side or until they start to get brown.
6. After each cauliflower steak is browned, place them flat on a baking sheet. Cover with foil.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees, or until they are soft all the way through.
White Bean Puree
1. Steam or bake cauliflower florets.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, along with the cooked cauliflower florets.
3. Blend until smooth.
1.Place a large spoonful of puree on a plate, then place your cauliflower steak on top.
2. You can top with your favorite dressing or condiments. ( I used organic BBQ sauce!)
Traveling vegan isn't always easy. But with a little planning it can be a no brainer. In this case it was a breeze, since we picked Arizona, a place with a lot of vegan options! But it still takes some planning. If you are planning a trip to Arizona, Scottsdale in particular, here are a few of the places I loved!
We stayed at The Boulders Resort in Carefree, AZ. An amazing resort with plenty to do! I highly recommend staying here. They have a few different restaurants on the resort with some vegetarian/ vegan option, but not a ton. We mostly drove into scottsdale every night for dinner. If you are staying at The Boulders, They have an amazing acai bowl for breakfast at Palo Verde. Where you can sit on the patio and enjoy the beautiful view. The Spa Cafe, which is also on the resort, has fruit smoothies. Just ask to have them without dairy.
The first place we tried was a cute little cafe in Carefree called, Chef Sara's Raw Vegan Academy & Cafe. Everything is raw and anti-inflammatory. Oh, and it tastes amazing too! While you are there, you could also sign up for a class, since it is an academy as well. If you are vegan, this is a must-try! You can tell Sara really loves what she does and believes in the power of food and healing. Here are just a few of the things we tried! (Pictures below)
If you are looking for something quick and healthy Grabbagreen is the best fast- food we have come by so far! Luckily, new stores are popping up all over the U.S. so keep an eye out for one in your area! We loved going there just to grab a quick smoothie, so we could have lunch while exploring. They also have salads, rice bowls, breakfast, juices, and collard wraps. Plus their menu 70% organic and 100% gluten free! So you could eat here for every meal if you wanted!
Our next stop was dinner, we were craving some vegan pizza!! So we ate at Picazzo's Italian Kitchen. They have a great gluten free crust and vegan pizza (pic below)! They also have other vegan options on the menu like buffalo "chicken" wings using the brand "beyond meat". So if you are craving a pizza night, this is your spot!
Now for some Mexican food ! Check out Tonto Bar & Grill in Cave Creek. They have a separate vegan menu, so make sure you ask for that. We got salsa and guac for appetizer's and vegan tacos for an entree! (pics below)
Now onto our most favorite place to eat! We ended up going almost every night once we discovered it, True Food Kitchen! This place is amazing!!!!!!! They have an anti-inflammatory menu as well! They have an amazing brunch, with an awesome tofu scramble, yummy smoothies, kombucha, and fresh juices. (try the banana and date smoothie.) Our favorite dinner menu items were, roasted cauliflower with tahini dressing, roasted brussel sprouts, super grain bowl with tofu and my favvvv was the spaghetti squash casserole (ask for the vegan almond ricotta on top instead of cheese) sooooo good!!! The atmosphere is very relaxed, yet exciting, if that makes sense!?
So if you are traveling vegan in Arizona I hope this helps! XO
There were a few others we wanted to try but weren't able to, I will list those below.
-Green New American Vegetarian
-Kale & Clover
- The Secret Garden Cafe
-Chocolate Tree Organics Oasis
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.