Recipe Video Below!
Red Pepper Sauce
1. Peel and chop potatoes and place them in a pot of water and a dash of sea salt.
2. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until soft.
3. Once potatoes are done, drain them and set aside.
4. Sauté onions with a splash of vegetable broth or water until they soften.
5. In a large mixing bowl add potatoes and mash with a masher or a fork until the chunks are gone.
6. Next add the sautéed onions, black pepper, garlic & herb seasoning, and grilling seasoning. Mix well.
7. Make the Red Pepper Sauce by placing all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
8. Next add 2-3 Tbsp of the red pepper sauce to the potato mixture and mix, saving the rest as a dipping sauce.
9. Assemble pierogies. (watch video below for more detail)
11. Sprinkle with dill and serve with the red pepper sauce. (also good with ketchup!)
Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for the health conscious people in your life !
Gifts Under $25
Gifts Under $50
1. For the caramel sauce - In a high speed blender, combine dates, almond milk, salt, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
2. Transfer caramel to a bowl. Set aside.
3. Get your toppings ready by placing them in separate bowls.
4. Firmly press a wooden stick (or popsicle stick) into the center of each apple.
5. Roll each apple in the caramel sauce.
6. Then roll the apples in the toppings of choice.
Refrigerate for more crisp/crunchy apples!!
1. Cook quinoa, using the 2 cups of vegetable broth. Let cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa and the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Place all jalapeño dressing ingredients into a small blender or food processor.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour dressing into the quinoa salad and mix well.
6. Best eaten right away. Can be refrigerated for about 2-3 days.
1. Combine everything in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Mix well until everything is well coated.
3. You can eat right away. I like mine to be more cold so I place it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
**Perfect for taking to work or school, no cooking or microwave required!!!
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak them overnight for about 8-12 hours.
2. Drain almonds and rinse well.
3. Place almonds, spring water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a blender.
4. Blend on high until there are no chunks left.
5. Place the nut milk bag or cheesecloth over a large bowl.
6. Slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag over the bowl, then squeeze the bag or cloth so the almond milk comes out leaving the pulp and blended almonds in the bag.
7. Once you have strained all the almond milk into the bowl, add cinnamon and whisk together.
8. Pour into a large glass jar with a tight fitting lid and place in the fridge for 3- 4 days.
9. Shake well before each use.
** Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Cook quinoa and vegetable broth according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Sauté onions and garlic with 1 Tbsp oil. Set aside.
3. Steam kale and broccoli using a steam basket or pot. Set aside.
4. Combine cooked quinoa, onions, garlic, and steamed broccoli and kale into a large mixing bowl.
5. Make the cheezy sauce by combining all the "cheezy sauce" ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
6. Add the cheezy sauce, 1/2 cup daiya cheddar shreds, vegan mayo, and cilantro to the quinoa mixture.
7. Mix well until everything is combined and coated with the sauce.
8. Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking pan.
9. Top with the mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup of Daiya cheddar shreds.
**Optional : Add crumbled pistachios on top like I did. :)
10. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until everything is heated through and daiya cheese has started melting on top.
** Serves 3-4
** If making this for a party or a larger family, I recommend doubling the recipe.
Serving: About 18
Dark Chocolate Coating
1. Combine filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl & mix well.
2. Form into 1 inch egg shapes and lay on a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
3. Place in freezer for 25-30 mins.
4. Break up the chocolate bar into equal size pieces.
5. Place chocolate bar pieces and coconut oil in a small pot, on very, very low heat.
6. Once chocolate is melted, dip each egg and coat with the chocolate.
7. Place them back on the wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle the tops of each egg with some sea salt or coconut flakes. Any left over chocolate can be drizzled over top.
9. Place back in the freezer for another 30 mins.
***Store in the fridge.
It's really no surprise that we are all tired, with the busy lives that we take on. Work, kids, relationships, family, school, trying to run a business, paying bills, and running errands... Ugh I'm exhausted just reading all of that! Keep in mind, it is OK and natural to get tired. We aren't meant to be running around like crazy people all of the time. And we need to rest sometimes, I mean truly rest!! I love promoting a healthy lifestyle, but I am here to tell you, you could be the healthiest person in the world and you will still get tired and get sick sometimes. We aren't superhuman and to put that expectation on ourselves is not fair or realistic. We live in a time of constant exposure to toxins in our everyday lives. And we don't focus enough on self-care and balance. So I'm going to share with you a few things that can help restore some of that balance and energy, to get you feeling more like your true self again!
1. Reduce Caffeine
I know, it seems like it should be the other way around right? Not so much, a lot of us wonder why our minds are racing a mile a minute, we have anxiety, and we can't sleep at night, but yet we are having 3-5 cups of coffee a day (or drinking soda all of the time.) This can cause some serious adrenal fatigue! Our adrenal glands are responsible for controlling our fight or flight hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. When you stress out the adrenals, they can't keep up with producing enough of the hormones we need to feel good. This can also contribute to weight gain or unwanted weight loss.
Things you can do to help curb your caffeine addiction
2. Quality Sleep ...and more of it.
It seems so obvious but for most of us (Me included!!!) 6 hours or less is not going to cut it. We need sleep! This is a magical time when our bodies heal and restore. There are so many studies that show getting an adequate amount of sleep helps cut down on disease and illness, slows down the aging process, effects our mood, and helps reduce on inflammation in the body. So calm the F down and get some sleep :)..Trust me, I have no shame in my sleeping game, and my body thanks me for it!
Ways to get better sleep
3. Eat More Greens!
Greens are like a miracle drug for anything. When in doubt , eat more greens! Dark leafy greens are packed full of vitamins and nutrients, that help fight of disease and inflammation. They also are full of antioxidants which help rid the body of toxins that weigh us down and make us feel sluggish, not to mention all of the fiber to keep your digestion on point. Remember to buy organic when possible.
Examples of Dark leafy Greens
4. Make sure your getting enough Vitamin D, B12, And Iron
You could be deficient in other vitamins, but these 3 are the most common, so I would start with them. Vitamin D can be a big one for people who live in colder climates, being deficient in this can cause chronic fatigue. B12 is something a lot of people are deficient in due to the lack of it in our soil :( having enough of it can help prevent being anemic which leads us to Iron. Iron is a big one especially for women, especially during the that time of the month. Iron helps carry oxygen to the red blood cells, so make sure you are getting enough from your diet and if not, its ok to take good quality supplements.
Another obvious one. But very helpful when it comes to energy levels and your mood! Exercising increases the release of endorphins which gives you a feeling of euphoria (runners high). But once your body gets used to a regular workout routine, it will be excepting it, so you will find you have more energy to burn.
I hope these tips help you to feel more energized and just healthier all around! Because lets be honest, health is EVERYTHING...not feeling well sucks, and who doesn't want more energy to spend time doing the things you love, with the people they love!.. I know I do :) Let me what you think and feel free to share your tips and tricks on feeling healthier and more energized in the comments below! Xo -Sabrina
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve with dairy free chocolate chips or coconut whipped cream.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.