1. Combine everything in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Mix well until everything is well coated.
3. You can eat right away. I like mine to be more cold so I place it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
**Perfect for taking to work or school, no cooking or microwave required!!!
1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover them with water. Soak them overnight for about 8-12 hours.
2. Drain almonds and rinse well.
3. Place almonds, spring water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a blender.
4. Blend on high until there are no chunks left.
5. Place the nut milk bag or cheesecloth over a large bowl.
6. Slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag over the bowl, then squeeze the bag or cloth so the almond milk comes out leaving the pulp and blended almonds in the bag.
7. Once you have strained all the almond milk into the bowl, add cinnamon and whisk together.
8. Pour into a large glass jar with a tight fitting lid and place in the fridge for 3- 4 days.
9. Shake well before each use.
** Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Cook quinoa and vegetable broth according to package directions. Set aside.
2. Sauté onions and garlic with 1 Tbsp oil. Set aside.
3. Steam kale and broccoli using a steam basket or pot. Set aside.
4. Combine cooked quinoa, onions, garlic, and steamed broccoli and kale into a large mixing bowl.
5. Make the cheezy sauce by combining all the "cheezy sauce" ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
6. Add the cheezy sauce, 1/2 cup daiya cheddar shreds, vegan mayo, and cilantro to the quinoa mixture.
7. Mix well until everything is combined and coated with the sauce.
8. Transfer mixture to an 8x8 baking pan.
9. Top with the mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup of Daiya cheddar shreds.
**Optional : Add crumbled pistachios on top like I did. :)
10. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until everything is heated through and daiya cheese has started melting on top.
** Serves 3-4
** If making this for a party or a larger family, I recommend doubling the recipe.
Serving: About 18
Dark Chocolate Coating
1. Combine filling ingredients into a large mixing bowl & mix well.
2. Form into 1 inch egg shapes and lay on a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
3. Place in freezer for 25-30 mins.
4. Break up the chocolate bar into equal size pieces.
5. Place chocolate bar pieces and coconut oil in a small pot, on very, very low heat.
6. Once chocolate is melted, dip each egg and coat with the chocolate.
7. Place them back on the wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle the tops of each egg with some sea salt or coconut flakes. Any left over chocolate can be drizzled over top.
9. Place back in the freezer for another 30 mins.
***Store in the fridge.
It's really no surprise that we are all tired, with the busy lives that we take on. Work, kids, relationships, family, school, trying to run a business, paying bills, and running errands... Ugh I'm exhausted just reading all of that! Keep in mind, it is OK and natural to get tired. We aren't meant to be running around like crazy people all of the time. And we need to rest sometimes, I mean truly rest!! I love promoting a healthy lifestyle, but I am here to tell you, you could be the healthiest person in the world and you will still get tired and get sick sometimes. We aren't superhuman and to put that expectation on ourselves is not fair or realistic. We live in a time of constant exposure to toxins in our everyday lives. And we don't focus enough on self-care and balance. So I'm going to share with you a few things that can help restore some of that balance and energy, to get you feeling more like your true self again!
1. Reduce Caffeine
I know, it seems like it should be the other way around right? Not so much, a lot of us wonder why our minds are racing a mile a minute, we have anxiety, and we can't sleep at night, but yet we are having 3-5 cups of coffee a day (or drinking soda all of the time.) This can cause some serious adrenal fatigue! Our adrenal glands are responsible for controlling our fight or flight hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline. When you stress out the adrenals, they can't keep up with producing enough of the hormones we need to feel good. This can also contribute to weight gain or unwanted weight loss.
Things you can do to help curb your caffeine addiction
2. Quality Sleep ...and more of it.
It seems so obvious but for most of us (Me included!!!) 6 hours or less is not going to cut it. We need sleep! This is a magical time when our bodies heal and restore. There are so many studies that show getting an adequate amount of sleep helps cut down on disease and illness, slows down the aging process, effects our mood, and helps reduce on inflammation in the body. So calm the F down and get some sleep :)..Trust me, I have no shame in my sleeping game, and my body thanks me for it!
Ways to get better sleep
3. Eat More Greens!
Greens are like a miracle drug for anything. When in doubt , eat more greens! Dark leafy greens are packed full of vitamins and nutrients, that help fight of disease and inflammation. They also are full of antioxidants which help rid the body of toxins that weigh us down and make us feel sluggish, not to mention all of the fiber to keep your digestion on point. Remember to buy organic when possible.
Examples of Dark leafy Greens
4. Make sure your getting enough Vitamin D, B12, And Iron
You could be deficient in other vitamins, but these 3 are the most common, so I would start with them. Vitamin D can be a big one for people who live in colder climates, being deficient in this can cause chronic fatigue. B12 is something a lot of people are deficient in due to the lack of it in our soil :( having enough of it can help prevent being anemic which leads us to Iron. Iron is a big one especially for women, especially during the that time of the month. Iron helps carry oxygen to the red blood cells, so make sure you are getting enough from your diet and if not, its ok to take good quality supplements.
Another obvious one. But very helpful when it comes to energy levels and your mood! Exercising increases the release of endorphins which gives you a feeling of euphoria (runners high). But once your body gets used to a regular workout routine, it will be excepting it, so you will find you have more energy to burn.
I hope these tips help you to feel more energized and just healthier all around! Because lets be honest, health is EVERYTHING...not feeling well sucks, and who doesn't want more energy to spend time doing the things you love, with the people they love!.. I know I do :) Let me what you think and feel free to share your tips and tricks on feeling healthier and more energized in the comments below! Xo -Sabrina
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Serve with dairy free chocolate chips or coconut whipped cream.
1. Steam cauliflower rice until tender, set aside and let cool.
2. Combine chickpeas, celery, garlic, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
3. Then add the cauliflower rice, once cooled off.
4. Add the rest of the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
5. Serve immediately or serve cold by chilling it in the fridge for a few hours.
1. Place all ingredients in a high speed blender, except coconut whip.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Place in a jar or glass and top with coconut whip and extra fruit if desired.
For the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
3. Slowly stir in cocao powder, until mixture is thick.
4. Add in vanilla extract, salt, flax eggs, and almond flour. Mix well.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Line a 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, folding the corners so it lays flat.
7. Pour your batter into the pan and spread evenly.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. ( it might be a little gooey due to the chocolate chips, that is ok.)
9. Let cool before adding icing and cutting.
For the Pink Icing
1. Once coconut milk has been chilled, the coconut cream will separate to the top of the can from the water in the bottom of the can.
2. Open then can and scoop out all the coconut cream that has settled on top and discard the water from the bottom of the can.
3. Add the coconut cream to a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
4. Mix coconut cream with a hand mixer until fluffy.
You can leave it just like this and add it to your brownies, cookies, or whatever you want to add icing to. Or if you want to get a pink colored icing continue to the following steps.
5. In a small pot bring about 2-3 inches of water to a boil.
6. Add your chopped and peeled beets to the boiling water and simmer until the water turns bright red.
7. Strain the beet chunks and save the water as you red dye.
8. Very slowly add the water to your icing to get a pink color.
** If the icing gets to runny place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes, then mix again using your hand mixer.
9. Spread on top your brownies, cut into squares, and enjoy!!
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 lemon, juice
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chunky salsa
chips for dipping
*You can add hot sauce or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy!**
**Option: Add sliced vegan sausage
1. In a high speed blender, combine all ingredients, except salsa.
2. Blend on high until creamy (adding small amounts of water if to thick)
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
4. Add salsa, stir until everything is combined.
5. You can serve it just like this or you can warm it up.
1. Add queso into a small pot on very low heat.
2. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Once warmed up, transfer to a serving bowl.
4. Serve immediately.
**Be careful not to heat to long, or on high heat, or it will start to harden.**